Police directing traffic in Hitchin on Wednesday evening after lorry strikes railway bridge in Cambr
Motorists are being warned of possible delays through Hitchin on Wednesday evening on the A505 Cambridge Road where the road remains partially blocked by a lorry that has struck the railway bridge and police are directing traffic on the B656 Walsworth Ro
Motorists are being warned of possible delays through Hitchin on Wednesday evening on the A505 Cambridge Road where the road remains partially blocked by a lorry that has struck the railway bridge and police are directing traffic on the B656 Walsworth Road.
On the A1 (M) there is a contraflow system in operation either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks where there is also a 40mph speed limit.
Further south on the A1 Barnet Way Barnet by Pass there is very slow and heavy traffic northbound after an accident between two cars and a van at Stirling Corner in Borehamwood.
On the M25 there is very slow moving traffic clockwise between junction 22 at St Albans and junction 24 for Potters Bar. Drivers should also expect possible delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood through the roadworks area where there is also a 50mph speed limit.
You may also want to watch:
And on the M11 between Stansted Airport at junction 8 and junction 9 at Saffron Walden there could be delays through the roadworks.
If you are heading to the M1 expect delays in both directions between the Luton Airport Spur Road at junction 10 and junction 12 for Flitwick. There are reports of slow traffic southbound between Toddington Services and junction 10 with Luton Airport.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images