Plans are poor
I am not sure whether Stevenage Borough Council employ an inward investment officer/manager or whether the council considers Stevenage can carry on as it is until such a time we have a new centre. The boarded up shops match the gloom of the town centre wh
I am not sure whether Stevenage Borough Council employ an inward investment officer/manager or whether the council considers Stevenage can carry on as it is until such a time we have a new centre.
The boarded up shops match the gloom of the town centre which is badly neglected. Even areas that should serve local communities have boarded up shops. Why?
The people of this town pay an absolute fortune with our council tax and would have expected the old Littlewoods store to have been let out by now. Why is it still standing empty? We have a booming economy so we are told, so what are the reasons?
The council spends a small fortune on relaying bricks and puts up a useless awning near the clock. I am still trying to fathom out what it should represent.
You may also want to watch:
I too looked at the plans for our new town centre, and sadly came away unconvinced with answers to my questions. Mainly the shortage of car parking for the planned apartments, I was quite firm in suggesting the allotted numbers roughly one car to three or four apartments was unrealistic. When one takes the colour out of the glossy pictures and then looks at the styles, really, the designs are cubic and squared, very much as we have now. There were no arches, nothing rounded, no disparity in the design. Come on please architects, go up to Metroland in Newcastle and see what they have done there, the centre is imaginative. If this is the best you can do, then forget it.
M. REECE, Warwick Road, Stevenage
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site