Petty point on the flag
SIR - I refer to the petty and inaccurate letters from Messrs Seymour and Greenwood (August 28 The right way to fly the flag ). It is impossible to fly the flag upside down; look at it both ways and you will see it is the same. However, there is a back a
SIR - I refer to the petty and inaccurate letters from Messrs Seymour and Greenwood (August 28 'The right way to fly the flag').
It is impossible to fly the flag upside down; look at it both ways and you will see it is the same. However, there is a back and a front.
Victoria Pendleton's family were holding the flag correctly from the direction they were looking at it. The photographer merely took a picture of the back of the flag.
Whenever the flag is flying from a pole you will see the front from one direction and the back from the other.
You may also want to watch:
Obviously, if the flag is mounted on a wall then the front should be visible to the eye.
I expect that Victoria's family and friends are despairing at the fact that we are discussing this at all.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie