Petty point on the flag
SIR - I refer to the petty and inaccurate letters from Messrs Seymour and Greenwood (August 28 The right way to fly the flag ). It is impossible to fly the flag upside down; look at it both ways and you will see it is the same. However, there is a back a
SIR - I refer to the petty and inaccurate letters from Messrs Seymour and Greenwood (August 28 'The right way to fly the flag').
It is impossible to fly the flag upside down; look at it both ways and you will see it is the same. However, there is a back and a front.
Victoria Pendleton's family were holding the flag correctly from the direction they were looking at it. The photographer merely took a picture of the back of the flag.
Whenever the flag is flying from a pole you will see the front from one direction and the back from the other.
You may also want to watch:
Obviously, if the flag is mounted on a wall then the front should be visible to the eye.
I expect that Victoria's family and friends are despairing at the fact that we are discussing this at all.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town