Part of the team?
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon. Those who read the article may be interested to know t
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon.
Those who read the article may be interested to know that I heard rumours one of the key council officers behind BSF, Lindsey Martin, was upping sticks half way through the BSF project and taking up a job at a neighbouring council.
I asked the council whether there was any truth in this.
They replied Mr Martin is leaving, stating that: "He is part of the team of officers dealing with the BSF project in Stevenage."
You may also want to watch:
Part of the team?
The last I'd heard he was the BSF project director - the very man who was spearheading it.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
Has Mr Martin been demoted or is the council trying to play down the fact that the man behind the scheme - a scheme which just announced it is not going ahead with a new school in Great Ashby and which will see the closure of Heathcote School in the south - is leaving?
Mr Martin has a right to leave, of course, and fair play to him.
But the council is currently in such a mess over BSF that this comes as quite an embarrassment.