Part of the team?
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon. Those who read the article may be interested to know t
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon.
Those who read the article may be interested to know that I heard rumours one of the key council officers behind BSF, Lindsey Martin, was upping sticks half way through the BSF project and taking up a job at a neighbouring council.
I asked the council whether there was any truth in this.
They replied Mr Martin is leaving, stating that: "He is part of the team of officers dealing with the BSF project in Stevenage."
Part of the team?
The last I'd heard he was the BSF project director - the very man who was spearheading it.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
Has Mr Martin been demoted or is the council trying to play down the fact that the man behind the scheme - a scheme which just announced it is not going ahead with a new school in Great Ashby and which will see the closure of Heathcote School in the south - is leaving?
Mr Martin has a right to leave, of course, and fair play to him.
But the council is currently in such a mess over BSF that this comes as quite an embarrassment.