Part of the team?
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon. Those who read the article may be interested to know t
LAST week I outlined the discrepancies between what Hertfordshire County Council told members of the public about its ?145m Building Schools for the Future project and what it eventually decided upon.
Those who read the article may be interested to know that I heard rumours one of the key council officers behind BSF, Lindsey Martin, was upping sticks half way through the BSF project and taking up a job at a neighbouring council.
I asked the council whether there was any truth in this.
They replied Mr Martin is leaving, stating that: "He is part of the team of officers dealing with the BSF project in Stevenage."
You may also want to watch:
Part of the team?
The last I'd heard he was the BSF project director - the very man who was spearheading it.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
Has Mr Martin been demoted or is the council trying to play down the fact that the man behind the scheme - a scheme which just announced it is not going ahead with a new school in Great Ashby and which will see the closure of Heathcote School in the south - is leaving?
Mr Martin has a right to leave, of course, and fair play to him.
But the council is currently in such a mess over BSF that this comes as quite an embarrassment.