Parking was thoughtless
SIR – On Thursday December 7, at around 8:50am, travelling on the SB2, the bus had to slow down in front of Martin s Wood School, as usual. There on the right hand side of the road was parked a large coach, I am guessing waiting for children to go swimmin
SIR - On Thursday December 7, at around 8:50am, travelling on the SB2, the bus had to slow down in front of Martin's Wood School, as usual. There on the right hand side of the road was parked a large coach, I am guessing waiting for children to go swimming and also driverless.
As my bus driver inched his way down the road, a very ignorant and selfish woman parked directly across from the coach, to take her child into school, thereby preventing any bus from continue its journey.
My bus driver, a patient man, allowed a couple of minutes for her to drop the child off and to return. Those couple of minutes turned into 20.
Another SB2 was stuck behind us and we could see an SB3 further down the road. The woman never reappeared.
My bus driver finally contacted the school to let them know what was happening and the coach driver appeared and drove the coach away, allowing us to continue on our way.
Whose fault was it that we were delayed? The school for not telling their parents not to park there, Arriva for having this route or the police for not putting up signs to not park? I am sure that blame will be denied and everyone will say that it is not their responsibility.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
What angers me the most is that Arriva stopped the SB2 going down York Road due to 'too many cars parked on the road, therefore blocking the way of the bus'. In reality York Road and its cars are like a vast desert compared to in front of that school and its selfish unthinking parents.
Many elderly and disabled people cannot get into town now since they have to walk to Canterbury Way to get the bus.
But back to my original question and why should I miss my appointment due to the thoughtlessness of whoever allows this to happen. I am sure that this is not the first time this has happened.