Parking was thoughtless
SIR – On Thursday December 7, at around 8:50am, travelling on the SB2, the bus had to slow down in front of Martin s Wood School, as usual. There on the right hand side of the road was parked a large coach, I am guessing waiting for children to go swimmin
SIR - On Thursday December 7, at around 8:50am, travelling on the SB2, the bus had to slow down in front of Martin's Wood School, as usual. There on the right hand side of the road was parked a large coach, I am guessing waiting for children to go swimming and also driverless.
As my bus driver inched his way down the road, a very ignorant and selfish woman parked directly across from the coach, to take her child into school, thereby preventing any bus from continue its journey.
My bus driver, a patient man, allowed a couple of minutes for her to drop the child off and to return. Those couple of minutes turned into 20.
Another SB2 was stuck behind us and we could see an SB3 further down the road. The woman never reappeared.
You may also want to watch:
My bus driver finally contacted the school to let them know what was happening and the coach driver appeared and drove the coach away, allowing us to continue on our way.
Whose fault was it that we were delayed? The school for not telling their parents not to park there, Arriva for having this route or the police for not putting up signs to not park? I am sure that blame will be denied and everyone will say that it is not their responsibility.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
What angers me the most is that Arriva stopped the SB2 going down York Road due to 'too many cars parked on the road, therefore blocking the way of the bus'. In reality York Road and its cars are like a vast desert compared to in front of that school and its selfish unthinking parents.
Many elderly and disabled people cannot get into town now since they have to walk to Canterbury Way to get the bus.
But back to my original question and why should I miss my appointment due to the thoughtlessness of whoever allows this to happen. I am sure that this is not the first time this has happened.