On the ball James follows his team from afar
AVID Spurs fan James Bremner closely follows the fortunes of his favourite football team even though he now lives thousands of miles from the London club’s White Hart Lane ground.
The 38-year-old, who grew up in Letchworth GC and attended St Christopher School, has been a Spurs supporter since he was taken to watch a match by his father Barry when he was a toddler.
James now lives and works in the United States. His business success in marketing and advertising has seen him recently appointed senior director of marketing for an international software company based in Manhattan.
Now he has been elected chairman of the New York Spurs, the officially sanctioned Big Apple branch of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Club. There are similar clubs in Chicago and Los Angeles.
Every Spurs match, in the league or cup, home or away, is watched on the internet by hundreds of New York supporters in Floyd, a bar not far from James’ home in Brooklyn.
You may also want to watch:
As chairman of the local supporters, James met players and officials of the club when they visited New York on a pre-season tour last week. Among them was former Spurs star Ossie Ardiles.
Dad Barry was at home in Letchworth GC on Sunday evening tuned in to a dedicated sports channel watching Spurs play Sporting Lisbon as part of a New York tournament when the camera scanned the crowd and he spotted his son right in the front.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
James married the daughter of a Russian film director in Moscow in 2007, and he and his wife Lola now have a 16-month-old son, Maximilian.