Nuclear is the only way
My poor letter! Cut by the editor, despite a request not to; then added to by an 11-year old! (I never mentioned Letchworth: it is not suitable for a nuclear power station because it lacks water.) Of the research reactor and power stations that Emily ment
My poor letter! Cut by the editor, despite a request not to; then added to by an 11-year old! (I never mentioned Letchworth: it is not suitable for a nuclear power station because it lacks water.)
Of the research reactor and power stations that Emily mentions (or could have mentioned), only Chernobyl has had a serious incident - an extremely serious one. Even so, the cost in human life is fewer than 60 lives over 20 years: that compares with 700,000 Russian road deaths. Moreover, extensive research has shown that radiation is immensely less dangerous than previously guessed. A vote for coal is a vote for many deaths.
Someone or something has totally misled Emily. I hope she corrects the person or thing involved, and never trusts that source again.
Without a massive nuclear reaction, we would all die quite quickly.
REX GOOCH, Berkeley, Letchworth Garden City
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 9 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans