Not enough help for unemployed
SIR – As I am classed as long time unemployed, which means over six months, I am constantly asked if I am actively looking for work, and the job centre is supposed to help me in returning to full time or part time employment. I have recently found a job o
SIR - As I am classed as long time unemployed, which means over six months, I am constantly asked if I am actively looking for work, and the job centre is supposed to help me in returning to full time or part time employment.
I have recently found a job out of the area in Scunthorpe, doing vehicle recovery on motorway improvement areas.
I went to the local job centre to ask for assistance in travelling costs so I could attend the interview and was told that I had to spend my own money on travel expenses bed and breakfast for the night as it is a two day interview plus refresher course on vehicle recovery, which is �100 a day.
As I am already experienced in the field that is not a problem, but my point is I only receive �49 a week benefits and with a house to run, how can they say that they are helping me get back in to work?
You may also want to watch:
If I was to walk into the job centre the next time I sign on and tell them I am not looking for work because you did not help me get to my interview, they would stop my benefits before I even got out the door, but when you do find work they are not able or not willing to help.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs