No problems for travellers on trains and roads through Comet country on Monday night
All the major roads in and around Comet country seem to be running smoothly as rush hour approached on Monday evening. But motorists were being warned to expect possible delays either side of the Hatfield Tunnel on the A1 (M) between junction 4 and 3 in b
All the major roads in and around Comet country seem to be running smoothly as rush hour approached on Monday evening.
But motorists were being warned to expect possible delays either side of the Hatfield Tunnel on the A1 (M) between junction 4 and 3 in both directions through the roadworks area where there is also a 40mph speed limit.
On the M25 in Buckinghamshire there are narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit both ways through the major roadworks between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 8 with Chorley Wood.
On the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden there is a contraflow through the roadworks so there could be delays.
On the M1 there could be heavy traffic between junction 10 at the Luton airport SApur Road and junction 12 Flitwick through the roadworks.
Heavy traffic is reported on the A5 at Caddington westbound between Dunstable Road and the A505 Church Street and on the A421 at Brogborough westbound at the M1 with junction 13.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
All First Capital Connect and East Coast Main Line train services are running normally.