No news of Labour gain
SIR - Labour lost seats in Stevenage but did you deliberately omit the fact that they won the seat in Chells back from the Lib Dems, even the summary of the results showed in blue Tory gains, but no red for the Chells Ward. Obviously the electorate in Che
SIR - Labour lost seats in Stevenage but did you deliberately omit the fact that they won the seat in Chells back from the Lib Dems, even the summary of the results showed in blue Tory gains, but no red for the Chells Ward.
Obviously the electorate in Chells voted on local issues and had an excellent candidate and had enough of the waffling of the Lib Dem councillor.
Councillor Parker said it was disappointing that voters had voted on national issues when in their election address they talked of ''Billion pounds of your money spent on the Iraq war, income tax from 10p to 20p for the lowest paid and loss of private data do you trust Labour with ID cards and probably one of the reasons the reason why they lost the seat was they said at the last election ''350 Conservatives wasted their votes.'' Councillor Parker would be better using his time telling the 60% who did not vote to use their democratic right and vote.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
(Ex Chells Councillor)
EDITOR'S NOTE: It was certainly not a deliberate omission but we apologise for failing to flag up the Labour seat in Chells as a seat gained by Labour and are happy to do so now.