No need for road reopening
SIR – With reference to the recent letters regarding the no through road on the Hertford Road junction of Ashdown Road, I would assume the letter writers live on or around this road to complain that to get to the supermarket they have to go the long way
SIR - With reference to the recent letters regarding the no through road on the Hertford Road junction of Ashdown Road, I would assume the letter writers live on or around this road to complain that to get to the supermarket they have to go the long way round.
Are you mad?
Have you thought of the reality of opening a road that was closed off due to the sheer weight of traffic and accidents that used to blight the area, it was notorious for it including the tragic death of a five year old boy as told to me by a policewomen. Do you really want to have to sit on the side road or your driveway or indeed stand waiting for a break in the traffic so you can take a chance to pull out or to cross?
I too find it frustrating and would love to have a barrier number plate recognition scheme which would allow the residents of the area access through but prevent the lorries and cars that use it as a cut through. I am not sure how viable this would be but could surely be investigated, or perhaps a less expensive permit scheme.
You may also want to watch:
I hope those of you demanding that the road be opened will stand up and be accountable when the house prices fall and the unenviable reputation of the area is in the spotlight yet again if this ridiculous proposal goes ahead.
Mrs N UNWIN
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy