No light relief at junction
SIR - Isn t it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not! The problems these li
SIR - Isn't it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: "The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not!"
The problems these lights are causing in the first few hours of them being switched on are mind boggling. The signals operate in the wrong order meaning people wishing to turn right into Weston Way are in the same boat they were in before.
I know, they can wait for the filter signal to change, but this only happens when the tailbacks have gathered and only for a short period. This results in cars being stranded in the middle of the road.
The poor people turning out of Norton Road and Hopewell Road are stuck until someone lets them out, which does not happen very often! Honestly, it makes me wonder how many degrees it took to come up with this system. Or did I miss something and Norman Wisdom has already been put in charge of our local highways? As for the skilled artisans charged with crafting the new system, well, hats off! It looks unfinished and indeed is. No attempt to repair the potholes on the end of Weston Way. To the people behind this artistic planning, my son even said there should be a pair of roundabouts instead and he is six!
You may also want to watch:
Oh the innocence of a child's way of thinking.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site