No light relief at junction
SIR - Isn t it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not! The problems these li
SIR - Isn't it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: "The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not!"
The problems these lights are causing in the first few hours of them being switched on are mind boggling. The signals operate in the wrong order meaning people wishing to turn right into Weston Way are in the same boat they were in before.
I know, they can wait for the filter signal to change, but this only happens when the tailbacks have gathered and only for a short period. This results in cars being stranded in the middle of the road.
The poor people turning out of Norton Road and Hopewell Road are stuck until someone lets them out, which does not happen very often! Honestly, it makes me wonder how many degrees it took to come up with this system. Or did I miss something and Norman Wisdom has already been put in charge of our local highways? As for the skilled artisans charged with crafting the new system, well, hats off! It looks unfinished and indeed is. No attempt to repair the potholes on the end of Weston Way. To the people behind this artistic planning, my son even said there should be a pair of roundabouts instead and he is six!
Oh the innocence of a child's way of thinking.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 7 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 8 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 9 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 10 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000