No light relief at junction
SIR - Isn t it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not! The problems these li
SIR - Isn't it strange that when we are lost for words we look to others for inspiration. For this reason I would like to quote the great Wayne Campbell in saying: "The new Letchworth road traffic signals, what a great idea.....not!"
The problems these lights are causing in the first few hours of them being switched on are mind boggling. The signals operate in the wrong order meaning people wishing to turn right into Weston Way are in the same boat they were in before.
I know, they can wait for the filter signal to change, but this only happens when the tailbacks have gathered and only for a short period. This results in cars being stranded in the middle of the road.
The poor people turning out of Norton Road and Hopewell Road are stuck until someone lets them out, which does not happen very often! Honestly, it makes me wonder how many degrees it took to come up with this system. Or did I miss something and Norman Wisdom has already been put in charge of our local highways? As for the skilled artisans charged with crafting the new system, well, hats off! It looks unfinished and indeed is. No attempt to repair the potholes on the end of Weston Way. To the people behind this artistic planning, my son even said there should be a pair of roundabouts instead and he is six!
You may also want to watch:
Oh the innocence of a child's way of thinking.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy