Your correspondent, under the heading Making a Stand – The Comet, January 17– does not understand the purpose and work of the Heritage Foundation. By Act of Parliament in 1995 the Foundation is entrusted to own and manage the Letchworth Garden City Esta
Your correspondent, under the heading "Making a Stand" - The Comet, January 17- does not understand the purpose and work of the Heritage Foundation.
By Act of Parliament in 1995 the Foundation is entrusted to own and manage the Letchworth Garden City Estate for the benefit of the people of Letchworth according to specific charitable objects.
The board of management, the majority elected by the governors, are the Trustees. Stuart Kenny is the director general delegated by the board to manage the Foundation, implement its policies and to act and speak on its behalf. Under his stewardship the value of the estate, its income and charitable payments have increased massively.
The Foundation is self-financing and pays Stuart and the staff. It does not cost the residents any money. It is certainly not a dictatorship.
You may also want to watch:
And, yes, Stuart Kenny does have a heart - a very big heart to have achieved the many improvements and benefits to our Garden City and, I hope, the many still to come.
ALAN SCOULLER, Chairman, Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation