Nightmare of soccer plan
SIR – About six years ago we, the residents on Fallowfield, Sandy, had the same protest against the football pitch and also the opening of a shop. We had a meeting at Maple Leaf School where a substantial number of people came to meet the local councillor
SIR - About six years ago we, the residents on Fallowfield, Sandy, had the same protest against the football pitch and also the opening of a shop.
We had a meeting at Maple Leaf School where a substantial number of people came to meet the local councillor. We also sent in petition forms to the council.
I was under the impression that the plans for a football pitch had been dropped and that we were to have the area turned into a more attractive area with a section of play equipment for the children.
Our fears concerning the shop have materialised. Since they opened the shop has been raided twice, the staff have to put up with yobs from the local secondary school in Medusa Road being abusive and no doubt shoplifting.
If we have a football pitch, it this will bring litter, noise and an impossible parking situation on the already overcrowded Merlin Drive and Kestrel Way.
This situation has already arisen because the Twigden houses were built with garages which are too small for the average family car, and most households have two and sometimes three cars.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
There are already at least six football pitches in Sandy why do we need another when the others are empty most of the time? The entrance to the recreation area houses a number of elderly residents who are extremely distraught that this situation has arisen again. And they are the ones who are going to be affected the most by this lunatic idea.