Nightmare of soccer plan
SIR – About six years ago we, the residents on Fallowfield, Sandy, had the same protest against the football pitch and also the opening of a shop. We had a meeting at Maple Leaf School where a substantial number of people came to meet the local councillor
SIR - About six years ago we, the residents on Fallowfield, Sandy, had the same protest against the football pitch and also the opening of a shop.
We had a meeting at Maple Leaf School where a substantial number of people came to meet the local councillor. We also sent in petition forms to the council.
I was under the impression that the plans for a football pitch had been dropped and that we were to have the area turned into a more attractive area with a section of play equipment for the children.
Our fears concerning the shop have materialised. Since they opened the shop has been raided twice, the staff have to put up with yobs from the local secondary school in Medusa Road being abusive and no doubt shoplifting.
You may also want to watch:
If we have a football pitch, it this will bring litter, noise and an impossible parking situation on the already overcrowded Merlin Drive and Kestrel Way.
This situation has already arisen because the Twigden houses were built with garages which are too small for the average family car, and most households have two and sometimes three cars.
- 1 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Guns and drugs arrest man in court over bail breach
There are already at least six football pitches in Sandy why do we need another when the others are empty most of the time? The entrance to the recreation area houses a number of elderly residents who are extremely distraught that this situation has arisen again. And they are the ones who are going to be affected the most by this lunatic idea.