New Traineeships at NHC
North Hertfordshire College is planning to release a number of new traineeship programmes, in response to the Governments recent announcements.
The North Hertfordshire College programmes will be available to people between the ages of 16-19. The programmes were designed as a stepping stone to get young people into work or onto an apprenticeship programme.
NHC has currently released three different traineeship programmes which will be available for students in August 2013. The following three programmes are, Engineering, welding & digital social media all starting in August with more to follow.
About the three programmes
The Introduction to Engineering programme will introduce students to a range of engineering working practices, preparing them for progression onto an Engineering Apprenticeship.
You may also want to watch:
The Foundation Welding programme has been developed in conjunction with Letchworth based Weldability-Sif to address the current shortage of highly skilled professional welders in this country. Students will be introduced to a variety of welding techniques as well as undertaking work experience within the welding industry.
There will also be the opportunity at the end of the Traineeship to progress onto a sales and marketing Apprenticeship within the welding industry.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school