New Traineeships at NHC
North Hertfordshire College is planning to release a number of new traineeship programmes, in response to the Governments recent announcements.
The North Hertfordshire College programmes will be available to people between the ages of 16-19. The programmes were designed as a stepping stone to get young people into work or onto an apprenticeship programme.
NHC has currently released three different traineeship programmes which will be available for students in August 2013. The following three programmes are, Engineering, welding & digital social media all starting in August with more to follow.
About the three programmes
The Introduction to Engineering programme will introduce students to a range of engineering working practices, preparing them for progression onto an Engineering Apprenticeship.
You may also want to watch:
The Foundation Welding programme has been developed in conjunction with Letchworth based Weldability-Sif to address the current shortage of highly skilled professional welders in this country. Students will be introduced to a variety of welding techniques as well as undertaking work experience within the welding industry.
There will also be the opportunity at the end of the Traineeship to progress onto a sales and marketing Apprenticeship within the welding industry.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral