MP’s call to change habits
NORTH East Herts MP Oliver Heald, whose constituency covers two towns in Comet Country, applauded the Buy Local campaign and urged the public to support it. He believes the campaign to ease the worry and burden on local businesses who have suffered during
NORTH East Herts MP Oliver Heald, whose constituency covers two towns in Comet Country, applauded the Buy Local campaign and urged the public to support it.
He believes the campaign to ease the worry and burden on local businesses who have suffered during the recession by buying local could give them a respite from what has been a horrendous year.
"This campaign will make a lot of people wake up and take notice of what they can do to help the local economy and help preserve jobs," said Mr Heald.
"During the Recession, we can all help our local traders and help keep jobs locally by shopping locally. I applaud The Comet for its initiative in spreading this message and hopefully it will hit the target.
You may also want to watch:
"Perhaps we have all sat back for too long hoping for something to happen and now it is. I was very impressed when I heard what the Comet was doing but we all need to get behind this campaign to make it a success. We must believe in it and support it and then I am sure we will change a lot of people's habits about shopping locally.
"I would urge people to respond to this initiative. Businesses need all the help they can get at this time and this campaign will hopefully make them stronger.
- 1 Missing veteran John Dick found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 One-of-a-kind children's book shop opening in town centre
- 9 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire