Motorists heading for Luton Airport warned of restrictions on the M1 during the next two weeks
Anyone travelling by road to Luton Airport over the next two weeks is being warned of restrictions on the M1 that could affect travelling times to the airport on certain days. The restrictions are being put in place to facilitate the completion of major
Anyone travelling by road to Luton Airport over the next two weeks is being warned of restrictions on the M1 that could affect travelling times to the airport on certain days.
The restrictions are being put in place to facilitate the completion of major maintenance works on the M1 at junctions 10 - 10a over the next two weekends, traffic restrictions will be in place at junction 10 both towards and away from Luton.
Passengers are therefore advised to allow significant extra time for their journey to London Luton Airport.
The work schedule is:
You may also want to watch:
March 5 to March 8
* Lane closure on BOTH carriageways between J10-10A.
- 1 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 4 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 5 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 6 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 7 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 8 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 9 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 10 Police station evacuated after explosive device handed in
* Starting from tonight, Friday 22:00hrs to 05:00hrs Sunday
* Overnight Full Carriageway closure BOTH DIRECTIONS
* 20:00hrs - 06:00hrs Saturday
* A diversion will be in place via M1 J11/A505/A1081
* Overnight Full Carriageway closure J10A-10 - SOUTHBOUND AWAY FROM LUTON ONLY
* 20:00hrs - 08:00hrs
* A diversion will be in place via A1081/A505 to M1 J11.
March 14/15 & March 15/16
* Overnight Lane closure J10-10A - NORTHBOUND TOWARDS LUTON ONLY
* 20:00hrs - 05:00hrs
* Single-lane running both nights