More roads are needed
SIR - I totally disagree with Damion Roberts point of view. Is this guy for real? How can he say there will be more carbon emissions on the A1 by widening it to three lanes. At the moment it is gridlocked and takes half an hour to drive through. I would
SIR - I totally disagree with Damion Roberts' point of view. Is this guy for real?
How can he say there will be more carbon emissions on the A1 by widening it to three lanes. At the moment it is gridlocked and takes half an hour to drive through. I would hazard a guess that if you increased the number of lanes to three then the emissions would be greatly reduced as cars would then take five minutes to clear the area.
Has he got a car? I would hazard another guess that yes he has, and I cannot think of anyone who has reached the age of driving and said, no I will not buy a car as it will increase the emission levels. So yes in years ahead we may need a fourth lane. The alternative is to have cars sitting there for an hour at a time.
I live in Hitchin and work in Welwyn Garden City, I have not used the A1M during the rush hour for over three years now, so what I do, like lots of others, I use the back road through Codicote thus taking lots more increased traffic on B roads and through small villages. If he checks, the idea of motorways is to reduce traffic on minor roads. His idea seems to be to redirect traffic back onto them. All of these people who keep harping on about roads, too many flights etc should realize that you are not going to stop people wanting to drive and take holidays abroad. We should be looking at ways of improving the emissions from vehicles and planes and be realistic that as more people want to do it, then we need a bigger infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
Finally does he agree that more house building should take place, using his theories if we build more houses then more people will want one so in future we will need to build even more! Let the homeless stay that way using his ideas.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?