Monday morning misery for motorists on the A1(M) around Stevenage
Heavy traffic is reported southbound on the A1 (M) between junction 8 and 7 around Stevenage on Monday morning and further south there is slow moving traffic between junction 6 at Welwyn and 4 Hertford as well as either side of the Hatfield Tunnel. On the
Heavy traffic is reported southbound on the A1 (M) between junction 8 and 7 around Stevenage on Monday morning and further south there is slow moving traffic between junction 6 at Welwyn and 4 Hertford as well as either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the A1 Barnet By-Pass there is queuing traffic southbound between Stirling Corner and the by-pass in Borehamwood.
On the M25 there are the normal problems of slow traffic between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 with Chorley Wood with 50mph speed restrictions around the roadworks.
On the M11 drivers are warned to expect possible delays between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden because of the roads repairs.
On the M1 in Bedfordshire the motorway is blocked southbound at the junction 11 with the A505 owing to an accident and police are warning of delays of up to 45 minutes.
Between junction 10 at the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick there are delays because of roadworks.
- 1 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 2 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 3 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 4 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 5 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 8 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
There is also heavy traffic reported around Bedford on The Embankment and Bushmead Avenue and on the A421 both ways on the A6 and junction 13 of the M1.