In response to your reader s letter Another brick in the wall , The Comet, February 23, I would like to describe the precise form of construction being used by Bellway Homes on the Lavender Fields development in Hitchin on the site of the old William Ran
In response to your reader's letter 'Another brick in the wall', The Comet, February 23, I would like to describe the precise form of construction being used by Bellway Homes on the Lavender Fields development in Hitchin on the site of the old William Ransom works.
In line with the many town centre developments, much of the car parking is 'under-croft,' being under the buildings but at ground level.
To provide the most effective form of construction for these, they are of reinforced concrete, columns, beams and slabs, which are necessary for the ground floor of the apartment superstructures, above the podium concrete slabs the development is of timber-frames construction. This is a highly engineered system which has been in use for generations because it is well proven and provides excellent thermal performances. The timber is all from renewable sources and, therefore, is highly environmentally sustainable.
Wall panels and partitions are made off-site in factory condition which aids improved quality control and meets government aspirations regarding modern, safe and sustainable methods of construction. Moreover, the site will look very attractive and be a real asset to the area.
You may also want to watch:
I can assure your reader that the buildings fully comply with and exceed all the latest regulations and, as such, are very safe and durable.
It is pleasing to see that the writer referred to the development as superb and I would offer to them, or anybody else, a guided tour of the development to explain the construction or any other aspects of the development, should they wish to contact me via the sales and marketing suite at Whinbush Road on 0845 6760252.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
STUART WALLACE, Managing Director, Bellway Homes Limited, Ruislip, Middlesex