Make the most of town hall
With reference to your front page article regarding toilets for Baldock ( Spending a Penny, Comet September 21). I ask why spend money on awful designs for the high street? Also we cannot accept the fact that there are pubs with toilets as these are usua
With reference to your front page article regarding toilets for Baldock ('Spending a Penny,' Comet September 21). I ask why spend money on awful designs for the high street?
Also we cannot accept the fact that there are pubs with toilets as these are usually for patrons only who help to pay for their upkeep.
Put Baldock back on the map, open up the town hall as a visitor centre, move the toilets to a back area inside the town hall where they have less chance of being vandalised.
Move the museum to the town hall and bring back all of the Baldock articles currently on display in Letchworth. They are from Baldock which is hundreds of years older than Letchworth. The town hall is a fairly large building and could make a wonderful centre to attract visitors to the town, attract the coaches back as remembered in day's gone by. Other old market towns can do it, so can Baldock if gone about in the right way. The challenge is there.
You may also want to watch:
LH LUCAS, Holroyd Crescent, Baldock
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing