Make the most of town hall
With reference to your front page article regarding toilets for Baldock ( Spending a Penny, Comet September 21). I ask why spend money on awful designs for the high street? Also we cannot accept the fact that there are pubs with toilets as these are usua
With reference to your front page article regarding toilets for Baldock ('Spending a Penny,' Comet September 21). I ask why spend money on awful designs for the high street?
Also we cannot accept the fact that there are pubs with toilets as these are usually for patrons only who help to pay for their upkeep.
Put Baldock back on the map, open up the town hall as a visitor centre, move the toilets to a back area inside the town hall where they have less chance of being vandalised.
Move the museum to the town hall and bring back all of the Baldock articles currently on display in Letchworth. They are from Baldock which is hundreds of years older than Letchworth. The town hall is a fairly large building and could make a wonderful centre to attract visitors to the town, attract the coaches back as remembered in day's gone by. Other old market towns can do it, so can Baldock if gone about in the right way. The challenge is there.
You may also want to watch:
LH LUCAS, Holroyd Crescent, Baldock
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 8 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs