Mail method is a mess
I too had the same experience with the Royal Mail as the lady in the recent edition of The Comet My son sent me a Mother s Day card posted on March 15, first class. I received one of the reasons for non-delivery of cards on March 21 informing me that the
I too had the same experience with the Royal Mail as the lady in the recent edition of The Comet
My son sent me a Mother's Day card posted on March 15, first class. I received one of the reasons for non-delivery of cards on March 21 informing me that the envelope was a little overweight, there would be a £1 handling fee, but why did it take until March 21 to let me know?
After making many telephone calls about the said card, it seems that they had lost it.
The last phone call I made was on April 5, when apparently the card was still in the sorting office. I finally received it that afternoon by my postman who went back to collect it for me, for which I thank him very much for doing so. What a way to run a Post Office. I am disgusted to say the least. It seems that the customer is put last all of the time.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs P STANDBRIDGE, Fawcett Road, Chells, Stevenage
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'