In reply to Colin Thurstance s letter in last weeks Comet. I am saddened that he would vilify me in such a way after all I have done for the village, just for telling the truth. When Colin has picked up as may bags of litter, dragged as may abandoned cycl
In reply to Colin Thurstance's letter in last weeks Comet.
I am saddened that he would vilify me in such a way after all I have done for the village, just for telling the truth.
When Colin has picked up as may bags of litter, dragged as may abandoned cycles, motorbikes, bed springs, mattresses, old bedsteads out of the river and Jerry's hole, not forgetting painting the wall by Jerry's hole to keep it clear of obscene graffiti as I have, I will then accept his criticism and snide remarks.
I know it will never be, not until Apples grow on a Willow Tree.
You may also want to watch:
By the way Colin, we already had a Fish and Chip shop next door to us, it was run by a Mr Stan Redd and very nice it was too, it was situated down Jack Bink's yard before your time I am afraid.
It seems to me that you have already joined the Grumpy old men's club.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
E W A Charles, Address supplied