In reply to Colin Thurstance s letter in last weeks Comet. I am saddened that he would vilify me in such a way after all I have done for the village, just for telling the truth. When Colin has picked up as may bags of litter, dragged as may abandoned cycl
In reply to Colin Thurstance's letter in last weeks Comet.
I am saddened that he would vilify me in such a way after all I have done for the village, just for telling the truth.
When Colin has picked up as may bags of litter, dragged as may abandoned cycles, motorbikes, bed springs, mattresses, old bedsteads out of the river and Jerry's hole, not forgetting painting the wall by Jerry's hole to keep it clear of obscene graffiti as I have, I will then accept his criticism and snide remarks.
I know it will never be, not until Apples grow on a Willow Tree.
You may also want to watch:
By the way Colin, we already had a Fish and Chip shop next door to us, it was run by a Mr Stan Redd and very nice it was too, it was situated down Jack Bink's yard before your time I am afraid.
It seems to me that you have already joined the Grumpy old men's club.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
E W A Charles, Address supplied