Lorry strikes bridge in Baldock causing rail delays on Tuesday evening
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge. Police say Baldock stat
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge.
Police say Baldock station is currently closed and rail services between Cambridge and King's Cross are disrupted in both directions.
There are a number of areas in Comet country where traffic is reported to be heavy.
Old Park Road on the A505 in Hitchin as well as the A602 in Stevenage on the Hitchin Road both ways at Ingleside Drive and in six Hills Way at the B197 London Road are currently reported to be congested.
You may also want to watch:
There are the normal problems on the M25 with heavy traffic between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood with a 50mph speed limit through the roadworks.
On the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden drivers are being warned to expect possible delays because of roadworks.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 9 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 10 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
On the A1 (M) southbound either side of the Hatfield tunnel between junctions 4 and 3 there is heavy traffic.
On the M1 there is slow traffic northbound between junction 9 at Redbourn and junction 11 Dunstable and drivers can also expect some delays around the contraflow between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick.