Lorry strikes bridge in Baldock causing rail delays on Tuesday evening
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge. Police say Baldock stat
THERE is congestion around the A507 in Baldock on Tuesday night after a lorry with a 45ft trailer struck the railway bridge on North Road. Police say they are still at the scene and Network Rail engineers are inspecting the bridge.
Police say Baldock station is currently closed and rail services between Cambridge and King's Cross are disrupted in both directions.
There are a number of areas in Comet country where traffic is reported to be heavy.
Old Park Road on the A505 in Hitchin as well as the A602 in Stevenage on the Hitchin Road both ways at Ingleside Drive and in six Hills Way at the B197 London Road are currently reported to be congested.
You may also want to watch:
There are the normal problems on the M25 with heavy traffic between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood with a 50mph speed limit through the roadworks.
On the M11 between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden drivers are being warned to expect possible delays because of roadworks.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
On the A1 (M) southbound either side of the Hatfield tunnel between junctions 4 and 3 there is heavy traffic.
On the M1 there is slow traffic northbound between junction 9 at Redbourn and junction 11 Dunstable and drivers can also expect some delays around the contraflow between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick.