London Marathon 2015: Time keeps ticking on
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a while since my last blog but time hasn’t stood still.
That Good Friday 20-miler (plus 0.1) saw me runner further and longer – three hours and 10 minutes – than ever before.
Last weekend I ticked off another half marathon of my own making, and earlier today I completed by final ‘long’ run of my training – 10 miles.
Despite taking a wrong turn and running round a farmer’s hilly field, I navigated that final hurdle and find myself as prepared as I could ever hope to be with one week until London.
In fact, this time next week I should have a medal round my neck (or stowed away) if all goes to plan.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, in 2013 it very much didn’t and my mind has often wandered in the past couple of weeks to that day and what this all really about.
St John Ambulance provide amazing support at events across the country, and came to my aid when I collapsed.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
Training for a marathon has its challenges, but fundraising requires a big effort, too.
On Thursday I will be hosting a quiz night and raffle at The Victoria in Hitchin which will hopefully see me reach and surpass my target, something which will give me huge satisfaction.
Then three days later I will wear their vest and fulfil a long held ambition – I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
•To sponsor Nick and support St John Ambulance click here (please).