London Marathon 2015: Time keeps ticking on
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a while since my last blog but time hasn’t stood still.
That Good Friday 20-miler (plus 0.1) saw me runner further and longer – three hours and 10 minutes – than ever before.
Last weekend I ticked off another half marathon of my own making, and earlier today I completed by final ‘long’ run of my training – 10 miles.
Despite taking a wrong turn and running round a farmer’s hilly field, I navigated that final hurdle and find myself as prepared as I could ever hope to be with one week until London.
In fact, this time next week I should have a medal round my neck (or stowed away) if all goes to plan.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, in 2013 it very much didn’t and my mind has often wandered in the past couple of weeks to that day and what this all really about.
St John Ambulance provide amazing support at events across the country, and came to my aid when I collapsed.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Training for a marathon has its challenges, but fundraising requires a big effort, too.
On Thursday I will be hosting a quiz night and raffle at The Victoria in Hitchin which will hopefully see me reach and surpass my target, something which will give me huge satisfaction.
Then three days later I will wear their vest and fulfil a long held ambition – I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
•To sponsor Nick and support St John Ambulance click here (please).