London Marathon 2015: No time for curry as serious season begins
- Credit: Archant
We’re into serious season.
From here on in the miles just go up and up and I’m steadying myself for some serious challenges.
My weekend run was actually four miles less than last week’s – 12 instead of 16 – but was far harder.
It may have been the takeaway curry the night before or the strong wind in my face as I clawed my way up some hills, but I found it really tough going.
The jelly beans were out in force and sipping Lucozade helped me through.
You may also want to watch:
Bizarrely my GPS watch bleeping to say low battery at the five mile mark got me to the 12 I set out to do.
As I began to really flag I thought I would carry on until my watch died.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
Inevitably it did, but at 11.95 miles and with home around the corner. Almost two hours of hard graft got me there.
Sixteen miles is next, with 18 and two big 20 milers on the horizon. Think I’ll give that Friday night curry a miss for the foreseeable.
• To sponsor me and support St John Ambulance click here (please).