London Marathon 2015: Niggling thoughts...and the Baldock Beast
- Credit: Archant
I made a decision this week that could have a significant impact on my marathon – now just over 70 days away.
For the past few weeks I’ve had a niggling pain in my left knee which, particularly the day after long runs, has been giving me hassle.
I had a similar problem in the lead up to London in 2013 which resulted in a trip to the physio to patch me.
It did the trick, but after completing 11 miles at the weekend I could see it was only going to get worse. Those 20-mile training runs already linger on the horizon.
So on Monday I called Atlas Health Spa at David Lloyd gym in Stevenage and booked myself in.
You may also want to watch:
The hour-long session this evening proved an eye opener as well as telling me plenty I already know – I’m not very flexible, and my hairy legs aren’t conducive to tape around the knee area.
Either way, there’s some work to be done on the knee and loosening my muscles and now I have some tape on the bottom of my foot to see if that helps my arches – fascinating, I know.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
But I’m confident the physio will get to the root of the problem and with some conditioning work I can be fit as a fiddle for the marathon effort required.
This weekend I will be completing half that distance in the Baldock Beast.
I’m really looking forward to the race environment, the company and, dare I say it, the hills.
So bring on Sunday, and maybe I’ll have a knees-up afterwards.
• To sponsor me and support the St John Ambulance click here (please).