SIR – I have recently signed your petition to keep the A&E open in Stevenage as even in East Sussex where we live I feel strongly that this hospital of excellence should remain accessible to the public. You have a wonderful network of very fast roads all
SIR - I have recently signed your petition to keep the A&E open in Stevenage as even in East Sussex where we live I feel strongly that this hospital of excellence should remain accessible to the public. You have a wonderful network of very fast roads all close by and also excellent access to London.
The hospital which was used by my late father is second to none as are the staff. My father lived for a long time in Stevenage and was taken into hospital last year suffering from inoperable cancer of his gall bladder. Despite his advanced years he was mentally and physically very fit so they tried their very best for him. He was the oldest football referee in UK, Mr Ron Cross.
Unfortunately his case was inoperable but in his last few weeks he was treated really professionally with the utmost dignity for which we are all extremely grateful. The staff are utterly professional and do a very hard job against all odds.
Please support the petition for them as they deserve to be respected for the care they give their patients. Having experienced London teaching hospitals and local ones on numerous occasions I know from experience that the Lister is a centre of excellence so fight to keep it open please.
You may also want to watch:
We will always be so grateful this was available for my father's last days. He is still sadly missed.
Mrs MARGARET HILTON
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
St Leonards on Sea