SIR – I have recently signed your petition to keep the A&E open in Stevenage as even in East Sussex where we live I feel strongly that this hospital of excellence should remain accessible to the public. You have a wonderful network of very fast roads all
SIR - I have recently signed your petition to keep the A&E open in Stevenage as even in East Sussex where we live I feel strongly that this hospital of excellence should remain accessible to the public. You have a wonderful network of very fast roads all close by and also excellent access to London.
The hospital which was used by my late father is second to none as are the staff. My father lived for a long time in Stevenage and was taken into hospital last year suffering from inoperable cancer of his gall bladder. Despite his advanced years he was mentally and physically very fit so they tried their very best for him. He was the oldest football referee in UK, Mr Ron Cross.
Unfortunately his case was inoperable but in his last few weeks he was treated really professionally with the utmost dignity for which we are all extremely grateful. The staff are utterly professional and do a very hard job against all odds.
Please support the petition for them as they deserve to be respected for the care they give their patients. Having experienced London teaching hospitals and local ones on numerous occasions I know from experience that the Lister is a centre of excellence so fight to keep it open please.
You may also want to watch:
We will always be so grateful this was available for my father's last days. He is still sadly missed.
Mrs MARGARET HILTON
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
St Leonards on Sea