Company in Weston celebrates second Queen’s Award in two years
- Credit: Archant
Pet supplements manufacturer Lintbells, which was started around a kitchen table, is celebrating its second Queen’s Award for Enterprise in two years.
The company, which is based in Hall’s Green in Weston, has been presented with the award in International Trade in recognition of its success and dedication to global innovation and expansion.
In 2016, it received The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation for the development of the joint supplement YuMOVE.
John Davies, co-founder at Lintbells, said: “The high-class technology and impeccable management at Lintbells has no doubt been crucial to our success, but what has truly set us apart is our people.
“Every single person, from our customers, to our suppliers, to our staff, is incredibly passionate about our brand and truly understands the difference we make to people’s – and their pet’s – lives.”
To celebrate the latest award, Lintbells hosted an event at its Hall’s Green head office and welcomed Robert Voss CBE - who is the lord lietenant of Hertfordshire and, as such, the Queen’s official representative in the county - as well as customers and suppliers.
Mr Voss said he was proud to have Lintbells as part of the county and added: “There’s a great big world out there - go get ‘em!”
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 3 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 4 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 5 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 6 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 7 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 8 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
- 9 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
- 10 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
John Howie, co-founder and chief executive at Lintbells, said: “It’s incredibly humbling to be accepting this award over a decade on after John and I started this business around our kitchen table back in 2006.
“Fast forward to today, we have just launched our products in the US and are looking to expand even further.”
The event concluded with a dog agility and training display courtesy of dog training school Paws in Hand.
Lintbells researches, formulates and manufactures natural supplements that aim to improve the lives of dogs, cats and horses.
Products developed by the company help support digestive health, behaviour, joint care, and skin and coat condition.
In 2015, Lintbells was included in The Sunday Times Fast Track Ones to Watch - a list made up of the companies with the fastest growing sales over the last three years, and previously including big names such as Carphone Warehouse and Innocent.