Lets be having you
SIR - With our station redevelopment pending, I would like to again bring attention of those who are hopefully representing us of unacceptable, dangerous and sloppy commuter parking in Meadowbank (20 to 25 vehicles every day). I simply cannot understand h
SIR - With our station redevelopment pending, I would like to again bring attention of those who are hopefully representing us of unacceptable, dangerous and sloppy commuter parking in Meadowbank (20 to 25 vehicles every day).
I simply cannot understand how First Capital Connect is allowed to charge for its parking in such a way that creates a situation which encourages passengers to park on all residential roads near the station. They have the land on both sides of the station so why not use it for parking. Why should we put up with this situation, I want to see some of the councillors on the council putting pressure on the authorities on behalf of residents. For example limited parking over mid day, residents parking only, parking meters or perhaps Meadowbank could have a barrier and charge what the railway company charge!!
I would like to add my strong support to the views expressed by R Burwash of Meadowbank in 'Welcome to Hitchin in Doom' regarding the unacceptable appearance of the railway bridge and surround considering it is a main approach to the town its still unacceptably ugly.
So come on Walsworth Councillors, if you are really worth your vote and accept any responsibility, as that popular TV cook would say 'Let's be having you!' you have no more important problems.
- 1 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Tesco and Aldi among supermarkets issuing 'do not eat' warnings
- 4 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 5 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 6 Baldock Charter Fair returns this week!
- 7 Starry-eyed Letchworth students meet Britain’s first astronaut
- 8 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 9 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 10 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival