Let barking dogs lie
SIR – With reference to the letter Bark is worse than bite , (Comet November 2), what a selfish, arrogant view. I presume Mrs Beardsley is a dog owner! She thinks that the people who don t like dogs barking should move house. Why? I lived next door to p
SIR - With reference to the letter 'Bark is worse than bite', (Comet November 2), what a selfish, arrogant view. I presume Mrs Beardsley is a dog owner! She thinks that the people who don't like dogs barking should move house. Why? I lived next door to people who went out to work, 10 hour shifts, and left their dog in the house barking for the whole 10 hours, night and day. I had a year of this and it drove me to
despair. My family lived there years before these people came, without a problem. Eventually I found out that these people had caused the same suffering to two other families in their previous houses.
So, should all three families who lived there before these selfish dog owners have moved house to accommodate them?
Many people are suffering in their own homes due to a neighbour constantly playing loud music. Constant dog-barking is no different, both are anti-social behaviour. I am sure that the Environmental Health Department will confirm that barking dogs are a problem. If Mrs Beardsley ever gets new neighbours who play loud music night and day until she is so tired she wants to cry, I suggest that she moves house!
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
SIR - Barking dogs. What a cheek! I own a dog, it doesn't bark all the time. If people have a dog barking all the time it's bad for the people and the dog.
The reason is obvious and it's that the dog isn't walked, just left in the garden.
As for that stupid woman saying that poeple should move. I have one question. If a dog bit a child in the park would she say that the child should play in another park? I think not. Dogs barking for a long time is anti-social, and it makes normal dog owners as furious as non dog owners. That woman's response is likely to give dog owning a bad name.