Let barking dogs lie
SIR – With reference to the letter Bark is worse than bite , (Comet November 2), what a selfish, arrogant view. I presume Mrs Beardsley is a dog owner! She thinks that the people who don t like dogs barking should move house. Why? I lived next door to p
SIR - With reference to the letter 'Bark is worse than bite', (Comet November 2), what a selfish, arrogant view. I presume Mrs Beardsley is a dog owner! She thinks that the people who don't like dogs barking should move house. Why? I lived next door to people who went out to work, 10 hour shifts, and left their dog in the house barking for the whole 10 hours, night and day. I had a year of this and it drove me to
despair. My family lived there years before these people came, without a problem. Eventually I found out that these people had caused the same suffering to two other families in their previous houses.
So, should all three families who lived there before these selfish dog owners have moved house to accommodate them?
Many people are suffering in their own homes due to a neighbour constantly playing loud music. Constant dog-barking is no different, both are anti-social behaviour. I am sure that the Environmental Health Department will confirm that barking dogs are a problem. If Mrs Beardsley ever gets new neighbours who play loud music night and day until she is so tired she wants to cry, I suggest that she moves house!
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
SIR - Barking dogs. What a cheek! I own a dog, it doesn't bark all the time. If people have a dog barking all the time it's bad for the people and the dog.
The reason is obvious and it's that the dog isn't walked, just left in the garden.
As for that stupid woman saying that poeple should move. I have one question. If a dog bit a child in the park would she say that the child should play in another park? I think not. Dogs barking for a long time is anti-social, and it makes normal dog owners as furious as non dog owners. That woman's response is likely to give dog owning a bad name.