FOND memories were stirred when pensioners made a nostalgic return to their old work place.
They helped, over 60 years, to build a heritage and reputation of engineering excellence in Stevenage and MBDA was delighted to host a visit of over 50 of its retired employees.
For many of the guests it was an opportunity to return to the company’s Stevenage site for the first time in 20 years – a site that has changed dramatically since they were last there.
Bob Moggridge, aged 85, is the former quality assurance director. He said: “It was amazing to go back and see the changes that have been made on the site.
“The company has always used some of the world’s most sophisticated engineering facilities to develop its products but those on site today are at the leading edge of world class.
“All of us enjoyed a tremendous evening and it was a pleasure to talk with people who we had first met as apprentices and trainees in their early days with the company.”
Keith Garden, deputy managing director, MBDA UK said: “It was a pleasure to reunite our retired employees with many current employees who they remembered as young graduates, apprentices and trainees in their time with the company.
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 5 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
- 6 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 7 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 8 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 9 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 10 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
“Watching them exchange memories of past days was a reminder to all of us of the tremendous contribution that our guests made in shaping the UK complex weapons industry over the last 60 years.
“They may not realise it but to us most of them are legends in the history of our company to this day.”