SIR – I wonder if any of the Heritage Foundation governors were listening to Three Counties radio on Friday lunchtime when T Shah of Moores Pharmacy in Leys Avenue, Letchworth, was being interviewed. They must be bowing their heads in shame in view of the
SIR - I wonder if any of the Heritage Foundation governors were listening to Three Counties radio on Friday lunchtime when T Shah of Moores Pharmacy in Leys Avenue, Letchworth, was being interviewed. They must be bowing their heads in shame in view of the distasteful acts being perpetrated in their name.
This gentleman had been trying for over 12 months to get an extension to his lease and when finally this arrived covering 15 years, he had hardly signed it before it was replaced with another covering five years only and containing a clause whereby he could be given three months notice to quit.
When are the governors and indeed the citizens of Letchworth going to wake up to the fact that like Topsy, the Heritage is growing and growing to the point where it is overriding all the basic plans laid down by the founder Ebenezer Howard.
Our town was known as the Garden City, perhaps it should be renamed the concrete jungle with blocks of flats and bungalows being built with little or no gardens. Surely some governors must have the backbone to stand up, even with the threat of the sack, to stop the trashing of our city.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
Letchworth Garden City