Kind support for crews
SIR - On behalf of the crews from Letchworth and Stevenage ambulance stations, I wish to pass on our sincere thanks to the mysterious member of the public who dropped off a box of chocolates to our station last Friday afternoon. The chocolates arrived and
SIR - On behalf of the crews from Letchworth and Stevenage ambulance stations, I wish to pass on our sincere thanks to the mysterious member of the public who dropped off a box of chocolates to our station last Friday afternoon.
The chocolates arrived and were accompanied with a letter saying the words 'just a note and a small thank you gift, from a member of the Jo public'. The mysterious person who I believe was one of the many commuters stranded on the southbound carriageway of the A1M, whilst our service was dealing with two serious road collisions between junctions 10-9 and 8-7.
The kind person who was stuck on the carriageway for several hours witnessed a fleet of emergency vehicles racing down the hard shoulder on their way to help the people who had been injured. They wrote what they witnessed as a humbling experience and it put into perspective all the minor occurrences of other people's lives. They also described our response as a 'well oiled machine springing into action'.
It is always very pleasing to be recognised for the role we play at such incidents. The ambulance crews, fire service and police worked tremendously hard throughout this day, and it proves that good communications, constant training and partnership working are vital when responding to collisions such as these.
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the East of England Ambulance Service we wish everyone who was unfortunate to be involved in the two road collisions a full speedy recovery and hope you are all well very soon.
And to the mysterious bearer of chocolates, a big thank you once again.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
East of England Ambulance Service