Keep an eye on the Cottages
One day, last week, I took a walk down to Queen Street here in Hitchin to have a look around the headmaster s house at the old school, now as part of the school s exhibit. What a grand job they have done in their presentation of the furniture, fittings an
One day, last week, I took a walk down to Queen Street here in Hitchin to have a look around the headmaster's house at the old school, now as part of the school's exhibit. What a grand job they have done in their presentation of the furniture, fittings and all the nicnaks that they have included to give the homely atmosphere to the rooms as if the headmaster had popped over to the main school building and you were waiting for his return.
On leaving the school I walked along Queen Street to take a look at the two cottages, no.37 and 38, known as Titmore Cottages and to my horror the iron railings that divided the two cottages had been wilfully banged out of alignment. Also where there had been only two cars on show for sale outside number 37, now that the railing is out of alignment, there are three cars on display.
Please would the members of the Hitchin Forum take photographs of this damage with measurements and inform the appropriate department at the council offices of this damage. Also as printed in The Comet (Hands off our heritage) dated March 2, 2006, a request had been put forward apart from other important matters which included the removal of the display of cars from the front of the number 37 front garden. So why are they still there?
And finally through The Comet I would like to say thank you to Rev. Steven Green of the Grace Baptist Church for his comments dated March 16 relating to the estate agents' 'For Sale' sign attached to the side wall of your charming church.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITTHELD
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation