Keep an eye on the Cottages
One day, last week, I took a walk down to Queen Street here in Hitchin to have a look around the headmaster s house at the old school, now as part of the school s exhibit. What a grand job they have done in their presentation of the furniture, fittings an
One day, last week, I took a walk down to Queen Street here in Hitchin to have a look around the headmaster's house at the old school, now as part of the school's exhibit. What a grand job they have done in their presentation of the furniture, fittings and all the nicnaks that they have included to give the homely atmosphere to the rooms as if the headmaster had popped over to the main school building and you were waiting for his return.
On leaving the school I walked along Queen Street to take a look at the two cottages, no.37 and 38, known as Titmore Cottages and to my horror the iron railings that divided the two cottages had been wilfully banged out of alignment. Also where there had been only two cars on show for sale outside number 37, now that the railing is out of alignment, there are three cars on display.
Please would the members of the Hitchin Forum take photographs of this damage with measurements and inform the appropriate department at the council offices of this damage. Also as printed in The Comet (Hands off our heritage) dated March 2, 2006, a request had been put forward apart from other important matters which included the removal of the display of cars from the front of the number 37 front garden. So why are they still there?
And finally through The Comet I would like to say thank you to Rev. Steven Green of the Grace Baptist Church for his comments dated March 16 relating to the estate agents' 'For Sale' sign attached to the side wall of your charming church.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITTHELD
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 3 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre