Junction fight to continue
SIR – A1(M) Junction 9, Letchworth Gate. In relation to this subject I entirely agree with the opinions expressed by your correspondents, Messrs Bennett and Nye, in last week s edition. Everyone who has used this junction knows it was badly planned and is
SIR - A1(M) Junction 9, Letchworth Gate. In relation to this subject I entirely agree with the opinions expressed by your correspondents, Messrs Bennett and Nye, in last week's edition.
Everyone who has used this junction knows it was badly planned and is dangerous, yet despite huge public anger and frustration as expressed in the recently held petition, nothing is to be done to improve the situation.
I cannot stand these alleged experts with their 'we know best attitude'. If this junction is so well planned and safe why did 3,500 local residents take the trouble to complain about it?
As regular readers will know the town council and I have been campaigning to get improvements made to this junction for nearly two years. If the Highways Agency (a quango in everything but name) will not do anything, and the county council has apparently no powers to enforce change, the town council has passed a resolution to write to the responsible minister requesting that a survey be carried out to gain an independent assessment of the safety of this junction. Hopefully then commonsense will prevail.
You may also want to watch:
In the past I have requested that users of the junction inform me of all accidents that they witness or are involved in, and people are still doing that. I now ask that this information be again supplied to me in order that I can produce evidence to any future enquiry. I can be contacted either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our offices at 66-68, Leys Avenue, Letchworth Garden City.
The fight goes on.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 3 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 4 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 5 Body found in search for missing woman
- 6 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 7 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 8 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
Letchworth Garden City Council