It’s a taxing time
SIR - Apart from Letchworth Garden City Council being a totally unnecessary body I find it amazing that they can impose increases on council taxes as they see fit! We already have a county council and the North Herts District Council which are somewhat r
SIR - Apart from Letchworth Garden City Council being a totally unnecessary body I find it amazing that they can impose increases on council taxes as they see fit!
We already have a county council and the North Herts District Council which are somewhat restricted in the increases they can apply but, as I understand it, LGCC (I may be wrong) can increase charges as they see fit without any capping!
What mandate do these minority elected councillors have to impose increased council tax charges over and above increases already in the pipeline?
They must be living on another planet, or at least so out of touch with the real world and the residents of Letchworth that they purport to represent, that they are blinded by their own assumed self-importance.
You may also want to watch:
At least Cllr Maunders seems to live in the real world - the rest of the council should listen to him!
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
SIR - The Letchworth Garden City Town Council claim to represent the views of the residents.
As no mandate has been given for the 300 per cent increase in their budget might I suggest that they hold a referendum to obtain the residents' views or better still resign and seek re-election which would give a very clear indication of what we think of them!
Whilst this would be an expense it would be for one year only whilst the council tax will go on year after year.
Letchworth Garden City
SIR - I voted against having a LGC Council. I was perfectly happy with the way affairs were conducted before they came on the scene.
I am strongly against giving them more cash.
Letchworth Garden City