Is cost of limos stretching it a bit?
SIR – Regarding the charges for stretch limos, my daughter is just finishing secondary school in Stevenage and the school organised a prom ball for June 28. Of course this is a nice thing for the kids, an evening to remember. It did not come cheap as you
SIR - Regarding the charges for stretch limos, my daughter is just finishing secondary school in Stevenage and the school organised a prom ball for June 28. Of course this is a nice thing for the kids, an evening to remember. It did not come cheap as you can imagine - we had to buy the special outfit for the occasion, pay the money for the restaurant and also pay the money for a stretch limo which is going to take eight of them to the restaurant near Stevenage. This charge alone was £22.50 per person!
I am even not sure if this includes the return trip, or do the parents have to go and collect them in the middle of the night! Someone will say that it was our choice to hire the limo, and they are right, but as a parent you are not always able to persuade your child that this is something they can do without!
I am only asking is this a reasonable price or a pure rip-off? Some people are making a fortune charging lots of money for a very quick and simple service!
Mrs M VERRIER
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust