In praise of God
SIR – I am a believer in a divine being and I wholeheartedly support this campaign by the humanist society. We have a trouble in this country to discuss religion and a belief in God, anything that will kick start a good debate is most welcome. This was al
SIR - I am a believer in a divine being and I wholeheartedly support this campaign by the humanist society. We have a trouble in this country to discuss religion and a belief in God, anything that will kick start a good debate is most welcome. This was also an excellent article that summed the issue up in a nutshell. Well done.
You may also want to watch:
SIR - It is weird that somebody even bothered to display the joke 'There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy life', on buses.
What is the BHA trying to achieve? To resurrect the debate, which was around for so long that everybody has already conceded that it was pointless? Nobody knows or will ever know for sure whether there is God or not and the word probably in the ad speaks for itself.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 6 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
As to the joke, it is funny but I know a better one. ''I do not believe in God but I am afraid he may punish me''.