In praise of God
SIR – I am a believer in a divine being and I wholeheartedly support this campaign by the humanist society. We have a trouble in this country to discuss religion and a belief in God, anything that will kick start a good debate is most welcome. This was al
SIR - I am a believer in a divine being and I wholeheartedly support this campaign by the humanist society. We have a trouble in this country to discuss religion and a belief in God, anything that will kick start a good debate is most welcome. This was also an excellent article that summed the issue up in a nutshell. Well done.
You may also want to watch:
SIR - It is weird that somebody even bothered to display the joke 'There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy life', on buses.
What is the BHA trying to achieve? To resurrect the debate, which was around for so long that everybody has already conceded that it was pointless? Nobody knows or will ever know for sure whether there is God or not and the word probably in the ad speaks for itself.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 6 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 8 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 9 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
As to the joke, it is funny but I know a better one. ''I do not believe in God but I am afraid he may punish me''.