Ice causes hazardous driving conditions in Herts and Beds on Monday morning
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents. The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailback
ICE caused major problems for motorists in Herts and Beds on Monday morning with the police and ambulance service reporting many accidents.
The A6001 in Henlow near Henlow Camp has been closed by police after a three-car accident. There are long tailbacks of traffic in both directions and drivers are being urged to fined alternative routes.
The B1042 Sandy Road, Potton, is blocked westbound due to an overturned vehicle and there is heavy traffic between the Black Cat roundabout and the A428 St Neots Road after an accident.
On the A505 in Hitchin eastbound on Parkway at the junction with the A602 drivers are being warned of hazardous conditions because of ice.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists travelling south on the A1 (M) also faced a slow journey this morning with heavy traffic reported between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage and further south there is congestion around junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works section.
On the M25 there are the normal problems between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed restriction around the road works and there are reports of heavy traffic between junction 15 at the Thornley Interchange and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 10 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
On the M11 there remains slow moving traffic in both directions between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden because of road works and barrier repairs.
On the M1 there is slow traffic between junction 15 at Northampton and the Luton Airport Spur Road.