Houses must be built somewhere
So Damion Roberts informs us that a petition signed by 200 residents opposes the demolition of Rose Cottage and its replacement with 11 houses. We are further told that people are upset by what they consider the Madness which has seen numerous buildings
So Damion Roberts informs us that a petition signed by 200 residents opposes the demolition of Rose Cottage and its replacement with 11 houses. We are further told that people are upset by what they consider the "Madness which has seen numerous buildings rise throughout the heart of the town".
As my wife and I have very close connections with Hitchin stretching back over 200 years - my wife's family 1930, my family arrived in Weston in 1889 we feel highly qualified to comment:
The various sites around Hitchin town centre which we have seen developed in recent years have, almost without exception, been a vast improvement on the eyesores which they replaced, and we trust that this will be no exception.
Do not misunderstand me; I am all for retaining that which enhances the town, but not at any cost.
You may also want to watch:
In conclusion, we must all be aware that houses must be built. Just where do these complainants suggest? Nimby, no doubt!
B J SMITH, Whitehill Road, Hitchin
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?