Help needed for visit
SIR - Amongst all the doom and gloom of your letters and comment pages, may I be given space to place a plea to the people of Letchworth GC and close surrounds? At the age of six I remember playing on the common, buying sherbert sweets from a shop in the
SIR - Amongst all the doom and gloom of your letters and comment pages, may I be given space to place a plea to the people of Letchworth GC and close surrounds?
At the age of six I remember playing on the common, buying sherbert sweets from a shop in the main street on the walk to Hillshott from Baldock Road. My grandparents' house at 115 Pixmore Way, sprinkling salt over my crisps in the beer garden at a small pub (I was with mum and dad) just outside Letchworth and so on.
This year is the last chance I will have to revisit my childhood (I am now 62) to search out the history of my grandparents, and the Henwoods and Conders so that I can pass it on to my grandchildren and hopefully them to theirs. It is my plan to spend the month of September in Hertfordshire with side trips to birthplaces of my distant ancestors. I want to seek out those, if any, who are still around from my time at Hillshott. I want to rediscover Letchworth GC.
To do this I need help from the good people of Letchworth GC. I would like to correspond by email with somebody who can give me basic information on things in the area. This would greatly allow me to concentrate on what I need to do while there. I also need a kind person with a spare bedroom which I could use for a moderate fee as my funds are limited. I intend to make the most of my visit and have a lot of fun during it. No doom and gloom about the council, wheel clamping etc. Come on there must be someone who would like to do something different for a month. Please contact me at beedan@ozemail. com.au
You all remain calm and well.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 10 Meteor shower known for bright fireballs begins tonight