Heavy traffic on A1 (M) on Wednesday night around junction 6 at Welwyn
Motorists heading for Hertford are being warned tonight that the A119 Ware Road, is closed both ways between the B1502 Stansted Road and Station Road owing to an accident. Many bus routes are also being diverted including the 310, 311, 351 and 3
Motorists heading for Hertford are being warned tonight that the A119 Ware Road, is closed both ways between the B1502 Stansted Road and Station Road owing to an accident. Many bus routes are also being diverted including the 310, 311, 351 and 395.
Heavy traffic is also reported this evening on the A1 (M) northbound around junction 6 at Welwyn and between junction 4 and 3 in both directions either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks where there is a 40mph speed limit.
Also expect delays on the M25 where there is heavy traffic clockwise between junction 23 with the A1 (M) and junction 24 for Potters Bar and anticlockwise between junction 26 at Waltham Abbey and junction 25 at Enfield.
Slow moving traffic is also reported on the A505 Fishponds Road, Hitchin, eastbound between the A600 Bedford Road and the B656 Walsworth Road.
You may also want to watch:
Also expect possible delays on the M11 between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 for Saffron Walden owing to roadworks.
In Bedfordshire on the M1 there is heavy traffic northbound between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick and at junction 13 there could also be delays because of two broken down vehicles southbound.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
Police report slow moving traffic on the A1 Great North Road northbound at Roxton at the junction with the A421 Bedford Road at the Black Cat Roundabout.