Heavy traffic on A1 (M) around Stevenage on Tuesday morning
Heavy traffic in several areas of the A1 (M) brought misery for motorists on Tuesday morning. The major areas where there are problems is around junction 7 southbound at Stevenage where there is slow moving traffic at the junction with the A602 and furthe
Heavy traffic in several areas of the A1 (M) brought misery for motorists on Tuesday morning. The major areas where there are problems is around junction 7 southbound at Stevenage where there is slow moving traffic at the junction with the A602 and further south between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks area where there is also a 40mph speed limit.
On the A1 Barnet By-Pass there is queuing traffic between Stirling Corner and Borehamwood southbound.
On the M25 there is queuing traffic anticlockwise at junction 25 for Enfield and between junctions 21 and 18. Also expect delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood through the roadworks area where there is a 50mph speed limit.
Delays can also be expected on the M11 between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 with Saffron Walden through the roadworks area.
On the M1 there is a contraflow system between the Luton Airport Spur Road at junction 10 and junction 12 at Flitwick. This morning there is congestion reported southbound between Toddington Services and junction 11 at Dunstable.
All trains services are reported to be running normally on First Capital Connect and the East Coast Main Line.
- 1 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 2 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 3 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 4 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 7 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 MP insists no one in Mid Beds is angry with the PM over partygate
- 10 Vista Tower resident welcomes cladding funds but 'still more to be done'