Heavy traffic on A1 (M) around Stevenage this morning
Heavy traffic is reported on the A1 (M) southbound between junction 8 and 7 around Stevenage during rush hour on Thursday morning. There is also congestion and queuing traffic on the A602 Broadhall Way in Stevenage leading to junction 7 of the motorway. F
Heavy traffic is reported on the A1 (M) southbound between junction 8 and 7 around Stevenage during rush hour on Thursday morning.
There is also congestion and queuing traffic on the A602 Broadhall Way in Stevenage leading to junction 7 of the motorway.
Further south on the A1 (M) there is slow moving traffic either side of the Hatfield Tunnel between junctions 4 and 3 through the roadworks area and there is queuing traffic on the A1 Barnet By Pass between Stirling Corner and Borehamwood.
There are also problems on the M25 with queuing traffic anticlockwise following an earlier accident between junction 26 at Waltham Abbey and junction 25 at Enfield.
Motorists are also being warned to expect delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood through the roadworks area where there is a 50mph speed limit.
On the M11 motorists should also expect possible delays between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 with Saffron Walden.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
On the M1 there is a very slow traffic reported southbound between Toddington Services and junction 11 at Dunstable and there could be delays between junction 10 at the Luton airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick around the roadworks area where there is a contraflow.
On the A1 at Sandy there are reports of slow traffic southbound with the A603.