Has debate had its chips?
I was saddened to read the letters from Sonny Charles regarding the proposed fish and chip shop in Ickleford. For a person whose family, for the past three generations, has made their living from the village store; to denigrate the village in such a man
I was saddened to read the letters from "Sonny" Charles regarding the proposed fish and chip shop in Ickleford. For a person whose family, for the past three generations, has made their living from the village store; to denigrate the village in such a manner can only make everyone believe that he has joined the ranks of the grumpy old men .
Regarding the fish and chip shop, yes it would be an added facility in the village that a lot of people would enjoy, but not in the middle of a residential area. An ideal alternative site would be the spare piece of land adjacent to the village stores or is that too close to where Sonny lives!
Does Sonny remember a number of years ago complaining bitterly to parish councillors about the curry take away van that was serving meals from the car park almost opposite the Village Stores?
These views rather smell of "Ok, providing it is not in my back yard"
You may also want to watch:
COLIN THURSTANCE, Ickleford Parish Councillor
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin