Has debate had its chips?
I was saddened to read the letters from Sonny Charles regarding the proposed fish and chip shop in Ickleford. For a person whose family, for the past three generations, has made their living from the village store; to denigrate the village in such a man
I was saddened to read the letters from "Sonny" Charles regarding the proposed fish and chip shop in Ickleford. For a person whose family, for the past three generations, has made their living from the village store; to denigrate the village in such a manner can only make everyone believe that he has joined the ranks of the grumpy old men .
Regarding the fish and chip shop, yes it would be an added facility in the village that a lot of people would enjoy, but not in the middle of a residential area. An ideal alternative site would be the spare piece of land adjacent to the village stores or is that too close to where Sonny lives!
Does Sonny remember a number of years ago complaining bitterly to parish councillors about the curry take away van that was serving meals from the car park almost opposite the Village Stores?
These views rather smell of "Ok, providing it is not in my back yard"
You may also want to watch:
COLIN THURSTANCE, Ickleford Parish Councillor
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images