Group to meet
SIR – Letchworth residents may be interested to know that, following the well-attended meeting in October to set up a friends group for Norton Common, there will be a further meeting of those interested at the Bowling Pavilion, off Icknield Way, Norton Co
SIR - Letchworth residents may be interested to know that, following the well-attended meeting in October to set up a friends group for Norton Common, there will be a further meeting of those interested at the Bowling Pavilion, off Icknield Way, Norton Common, Letchworth on Thursday, February 2 at 7.30pm. Those interested in offering practical help who were at the meeting left their names with the Countryside Management Service who are organising the group. However, if anyone else is interested in helping who perhaps did not get to the meeting in October, I am sure we will be glad to see you.
I have to stress that the Friends Group is mainly to be concerned with practical assistance with the open spaces, the woods and pathways of the Common itself. The provision of new facilities such as the cycle track or the proposed skate board arena is a different matter and, I understand the North Herts District council is to make a presentation of those possibilities on a different occasion; probably on the form of an exhibition on a Saturday morning. Anyone with any views about the proposals, either supportive or otherwise, would be well advised to get in touch with the NHDC in Gernon Road.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth North West
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 5 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 9 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate