Good to see lake is back
SIR – In response to your Article Water torture about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park. When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl ar
SIR - In response to your Article 'Water torture' about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park.
When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl around.
Over the years due to dry summers etc. the lake disappeared. Excess water from the lake flowed out and joined St Ippolyts brook which continues along through Purwell Ninesprings.
The longhorn cattle have always been there, with plenty of dry space for them to roam and I am sure they will enjoy some nice fresh water around.
You may also want to watch:
Let's hope this water does not disappear too quickly and the ducks, geese etc. come back.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans