Good to see lake is back
SIR – In response to your Article Water torture about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park. When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl ar
SIR - In response to your Article 'Water torture' about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park.
When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl around.
Over the years due to dry summers etc. the lake disappeared. Excess water from the lake flowed out and joined St Ippolyts brook which continues along through Purwell Ninesprings.
The longhorn cattle have always been there, with plenty of dry space for them to roam and I am sure they will enjoy some nice fresh water around.
You may also want to watch:
Let's hope this water does not disappear too quickly and the ducks, geese etc. come back.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 5 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 6 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 8 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 9 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing