Good to see lake is back
SIR – In response to your Article Water torture about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park. When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl ar
SIR - In response to your Article 'Water torture' about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park.
When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl around.
Over the years due to dry summers etc. the lake disappeared. Excess water from the lake flowed out and joined St Ippolyts brook which continues along through Purwell Ninesprings.
The longhorn cattle have always been there, with plenty of dry space for them to roam and I am sure they will enjoy some nice fresh water around.
Let's hope this water does not disappear too quickly and the ducks, geese etc. come back.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 7 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 8 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 9 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass