Good to see lake is back
SIR – In response to your Article Water torture about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park. When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl ar
SIR - In response to your Article 'Water torture' about a flooded field in St. Ippolyts, I think it is wonderful to have water back in the lake at St Ibbs Park.
When I moved to Hitchin 25 years ago there was a lovely lake there with plenty of waterfowl around.
Over the years due to dry summers etc. the lake disappeared. Excess water from the lake flowed out and joined St Ippolyts brook which continues along through Purwell Ninesprings.
The longhorn cattle have always been there, with plenty of dry space for them to roam and I am sure they will enjoy some nice fresh water around.
You may also want to watch:
Let's hope this water does not disappear too quickly and the ducks, geese etc. come back.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 4 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year