Good on Jade
THOSE who say Jade Goody is wrong to be sharing her cancer journey with the media are idiots. Yes, she no doubt will be making a lot of money out of publicity deals, but does anyone in their right mind really begrudge her that? I m sure she would rather b
THOSE who say Jade Goody is wrong to be sharing her cancer journey with the media are idiots. Yes, she no doubt will be making a lot of money out of publicity deals, but does anyone in their right mind really begrudge her that?
I'm sure she would rather be bankrupt and in good health than in the situation she has found herself faced with. And good on her for doing her best to ensure a future for her children which is financially secure.
More importantly, Jade is shedding light on a subject which many know little or nothing about. Unlike breast cancer, which is widely and openly discussed, the facts and myths about cervical cancer are not as readily accessible to people.
Misconceptions and fears about cervical cancer have left many women misinformed about the largely preventable disease. Since Jade was diagnosed, the number of women having smear tests has seen a significant rise, and this can only be a good thing.
You may also want to watch:
Jade made her name through reality TV and it is fitting somehow that she continues to use this medium to document her battle with cervical cancer.
She should be very proud of herself and the stance she has taken. You don't have to like the woman (personally, she's not my cup of tea) to recognise and give her credit for showing bravery, dignity and selflessness in telling her story in a bid to help others.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak