Good memories of Gunnells
Charity report says flats should not be built – Comet, May 11. I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early 60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It wa
'Charity report says flats should not be built' - Comet, May 11.
I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early '60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It was a great place to play and my sisters and I had many good times there.
The house itself was wonderful and I would hate to see it demolished in favour of flats. While I know that further housing is needed, it should not be in the middle of other such properties.
My grandparents were Mr and Mrs Grosse and my grandfather used to own the timber merchants at the top of Trinity Road which I am sure a lot of readers will remember.
E LUSH, Morello Gardens, Stevenage Road, Hitchin
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 7 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 10 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home