Good memories of Gunnells
Charity report says flats should not be built – Comet, May 11. I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early 60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It wa
'Charity report says flats should not be built' - Comet, May 11.
I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early '60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It was a great place to play and my sisters and I had many good times there.
The house itself was wonderful and I would hate to see it demolished in favour of flats. While I know that further housing is needed, it should not be in the middle of other such properties.
My grandparents were Mr and Mrs Grosse and my grandfather used to own the timber merchants at the top of Trinity Road which I am sure a lot of readers will remember.
You may also want to watch:
E LUSH, Morello Gardens, Stevenage Road, Hitchin
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 6 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals