Good memories of Gunnells
Charity report says flats should not be built – Comet, May 11. I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early 60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It wa
'Charity report says flats should not be built' - Comet, May 11.
I know Gunnells House very well, my grandparents lived there from during the war until the early '60s. Not only did it have a very large garden, but also an orchard and field attached. It was a great place to play and my sisters and I had many good times there.
The house itself was wonderful and I would hate to see it demolished in favour of flats. While I know that further housing is needed, it should not be in the middle of other such properties.
My grandparents were Mr and Mrs Grosse and my grandfather used to own the timber merchants at the top of Trinity Road which I am sure a lot of readers will remember.
You may also want to watch:
E LUSH, Morello Gardens, Stevenage Road, Hitchin
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation